Dear pastors, deacons, and brothers and sisters in Christ,
Holiness is what makes God uniquely God and should be reflected in his people, personally and corporately, and certainly in those who lead the church. I hope you’ll be able to join us for our annual Conference on the Church for God’s Glory as we promote holiness in our theme this year.
What is more, we will tackle this theme in a unique way: “A Call to Holiness by a Rising Generation.” There are younger pastors and leaders who have been able to find a voice in their own ministries and perhaps in an online presence, but we do not always have the privilege of hearing some of them in person as much as we would like. While there are many good men that we could ask to speak, this year we will have a small sample of “younger guys” addressing holiness as it relates to various topics important to each of us in our ministries.
While this conference is an opportunity for some of the younger guys to have a voice, it is not meant to exclude those upon whose shoulders we stand as if we have something new or better to say. If anything, we hope that those who taught us will attend and be honored as we stand in the pulpit before them and preach of the Word of God.
Our schedule and topics for the day are as follows:
- 10:00 AM – David Huffstutler, Opening Sermon: “Fit for the Master’s Use” (2 Timothy 2:20–26)
- 11:20 AM – Michael Riley, Historical Fundamentalism Today
- 12:15 PM – Mark Herbster, Personal Holiness in the Life of a Leader
- 1:00 PM – Lunch at Local Restaurants
- 2:45 PM – TJ Klapperich, The Unsung Heroine: The Role of a Pastor’s Wife
- 3:50 PM – Tim Potter, Principles for Purity in Gospel Partnership
- 4:55 PM – Nathan Crockett, Holiness in Training the Next Generation
- 6:00 PM – TJ Klapperich, Closing Sermon: “The Holiness and Mercy of God” (Isaiah 57:14–21)
- 7:15 PM – Dismiss
I hope you can come. It will be well worth your time, whatever age you may be. As always, registration for the ladies is free of charge, and we hope that the session on “The Unsung Heroine” will be a special blessing to them, just as we hope every session will be. May God bless each of you in your ministries.